Recent Publication List
- Raj Kumar. Neuronal Signaling Aug 31, 2018, 2 (3) NS20180058; DOI: 10.1042/NS20180058 . Therapeutic use of botulinum toxin in pain treatment. Read More
- Raj Kumar, Thomas M. Feltrup, Roshan Kukreja, Kruti B. Patel, Shuowei Cai, and Bal Ram Singh (2019) Connection between Structure-function and Evolution of Bacterial Toxins. Publisher: “MPDI-Toxins” 2019,11(1),15 doi: 10.3390/toxins11010015 Read More
- Kruti B. Patel; Shuowei Cai; B K Singh; Virender S. Parmar; Bal Ram Singh. Natural Compounds and their Analogues as Potent Antidotes against the Most Poisonous Bacterial toxin. Publisher: "Applied Environ Microbiology (AME)", Nov 2 2018, 84(24) 2018 Nov 30;84(24). pii: e01280-18. doi: 10.1128/AEM.01280-18 Read More
- Ghosal, Kruti B. Patel; Bal Ram Singh; Martha Hale (2018) Role of Critical Elements in Botulinum Neurotoxin Complex in Toxin Routing Across Intestinal and Bronchial Barriers. Publisher: “PLOSone”, 2018 Jul 5;13(7)) :e0199524. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0199524 Read More
- Thomas M. Feltrup, Kruti B. Patel; Raj Kumar; Shuowei Cai; and Bal Ram Singh (2018) The implication of the botulinum neurotoxin type A endopeptidase C-terminus on substrate binding, enzyme activity, and maintaining a functionally disordered structure in solution. Publisher: “Nature’s Scientific Reports” volume 8, Article number: 8884 doi: 10.1038/s41598-018-26764-z. Read More
- Ghuncha Ambrin, Raj Kumar, Bal Ram Singh (2018) Publication - Differential endopeptidase activity of different forms of type A botulinum neurotoxin: A unique relationship between the size of the substrate and activity of the enzyme Publisher : Elsevier, Toxicon 144 (2018) 34-41 Read More
- Antimicrob Agents Chemother. . 2017 Jul 25;61(8). pii: e00273-17. doi: 10.1128/AAC.00273-17. Print 2017 Aug. Chemoenzymatic Synthesis, Nanotization, and Anti-Aspergillus Activity of Optically Enriched Fluconazole Analogues. Malhotra S , Singh S , Rana N , Tomar S , Bhatnagar P , Gupta M , Singh SK , Singh BK , Chhillar AK, Prasad AK , Len C , Kumar P , Gupta KC , Varma AJ , Kuhad RC , Sharma GL , Parmar VS , Richards NGJ
Harkiranpreet Kaur Dhaliwal, Nagarajan Thiruvanakarasu, Raj Kumar, Kruti Patel, Ghuncha Ambrin, Shouwei Cai, Bal Ram Singh (2017) High Yield Preparation of Functionally Active Catalytic-Translocation Domain Module of Botulinum Neurotoxin Type A That Exhibits Uniquely Different Enzyme Kinetics, Publisher: "The Protein Journal", DOI 10.1007/s10930-017-9744-8.
- Kruti Patel, Shmuel Halevi, Paul Melman, John Schwartz, Shuowei Cai and Bal Ram Singh (2017) A Novel Surface Plasmon Resonance Biosensor for the Rapid Detection of Botulinum Neurotoxins, Publisher: "Biosensor", 7, 32; DOI:10.3390/bios7030032 Read More
- Raj Kumar, and Bal Ram Singh (2016) Protein Toxins in Modeling Biochemistry. Springer Briefs in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Publisher: Springer, ISBN 978-3-319-43538-1. Read More
- Kumar R, Dhaliwal HP, Kukreja RV, Singh BR (2016).The Botulinum Toxin as a Therapeutic Agent: Molecular Structure and Mechanism of Action in Motor and Sensory Systems. Semin Neurol., 36, 10-9. Read More
- Ravichandran E, Janardhanan P, Patel K, Riding S, Cai S, Singh BR (2016). In Vivo Toxicity and Immunological Characterization of Detoxified Recombinant Botulinum Neurotoxin Type A. Pharm Res., 33, 639-52. Read More
- Chang TW, Janardhanan P, Mello CM, Singh BR, Cai S. (2016) Selection of RNA Aptamers Against Botulinum Neurotoxin Type A Light Chain Through a Non-Radioactive Approach. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. [Epub ahead of print]
- Eswaramoorthy S, Sun J, Li H, Singh BR, Swaminathan S (2015). Molecular Assembly of Clostridium botulinum progenitor M complex of type E. Sci Rep., 5,17795 to 18004. Read More
- Kumar, R., Cai, S., and Singh, B. R. (2015) Resolution of sub-nano second motion in BoNT/A LC: An evidence of internal flexibility. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta : Proteins and Proteomics, 1854, 321- 326. Read More
- Chellapan, G., Kumar, R., Goyal, D., Cai S., and Singh, B. R. (2015) Structural and functional analysis of botulinum neurotoxin subunits for pH-dependent membrane channel formation and translocation. Biochemical et Biophysica Acta — Proteins and Proteomics, 1854, 1510 - 1516. Read More
- Koh, C. Y., Schaff, U. Y., Piccini, M. E., Stanker, L. H., Cheng, L. W., Ravichandran, E., Singh, B. R., Sommer, G. J., and Singh, A. K. (2015). Centrifugal microfludic platform for ultrasensitive detection of botulinum toxin. Anal Chem., 87, 922 928. Read More
- Wang, L., Sun, Y., Yang, W., Lindo, P., and Singh, B. R. (2014). Type A botulinum neurotoxin complex proteins diffentially modulate host response of neuronal cells. Toxicon, 82, 52 60. Read More
- Patel, K., Cai, S., and Singh, B. R. (2014). Current strategies for designing antidotes against botulinum neurotoxins. Expert Opin. Drug. Discov., 9, 319-333. Read More
- Kumar, R., Kukreja, R., Cai, S. and Singh, B. R. (2014) Differential Role of Molten Globule and Protein Folding in Distinguishing Unique Features of Botulinum Neurotoxin. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta : Proteins and Proteomics, 1844, 1145-1152. Read More
- Chellappan, G., Kumar, R., Cai, S., and Singh. B. R. (2014) Role of neurotoxin associated proteins in the Low pH induced structural changes in the botulinum neurotoxin complex. The Protein Journal, 33, 557 - 564. Read More
- Kumar R, Patel K, Cai S, and Singh BR (2016). Virtual Screening and ADMET analysis of endopeptidase inhibitors. Bioscience Meeting, Baltimore, June 7. . View Poster
- Ravichandran E, Davis J, Wang L, Patel K, Kumar R, and Singh BR(2016). Development of recombinant protein based vaccine for BoNT. Bioscience meeting, Baltimore, June 7. . View Poster
Raj Kumar, and Bal Ram Singh (2015). Virtual Screening of small molecule inhibitor against BoNT/A LC. Ninth Annual Botulinum Research Symposium, August 12 -14, 2015..
Fardeen Rashid, Zachary Young, Raj Kumar, and Bal Ram Singh (2015). In Silico quantitative structure-inhibition relationship (QSIR) for selected candidates against botulinum neurotoxin A light chain..
Brook Spencer, Lindsey Foster, Sara Sabet, Raj Kumar, Kodumudi Venkat Venkateshwaran, David Hodge, and Bal Ram Singh (2015). A combination of isoelectric and ammonium sulphate precipitation enhances detection of BoNT/A in a monoclonal antibody based sandwich ELISA. Ninth Annual Botulinum Research Symposium, August 12 -14, 2015..
Raj Kumar, Kruti Patel, Shuowei Cai, and Bal Ram Singh (2015). Virtual Screening and ADMET analysis of endopeptidase inhibitors. Inter Botulinum Research Coordination Committee Conference in Philadelphia. October 25 – 28, 2015..
Raj Kumar, Wei Ping Yang, Thomas Feltrup, Guncha Ambrin, Tzuu Wang Chang, Paul Lindo, Shuowei Cai, and Bal Ram Singh (2015). Sizes and Structures of SNAP-25 substrates and botulinum neurotoxin endopeptidase influence enzyme assays. Inter Botulinum Research Coordination Committee Conference in Philadelphia. Octobet 25 – 28, 2015..
Raj Kumar, Wei Ping Yang, Thomas Feltrup, Guncha Ambrin, Tzuu Wang Chang, Paul Lindo, Shuowei Cai, and Bal Ram Singh (2015). Inter Botulinum Research Coordination Committee Conference in Philadelphia. October 25 – 28, 2015..
Lei Wang, Yi Sun, Weiping Yang, Paul Lindo, Bal Ram Singh (2015). Type A Botulinum Neurotoxin Complex Proteins Differentially Modulate Host Response of Neuronal Cells. Ninth Botulinum Research Symposium, New Bedford, MA, USA, August 12 -14, 2015..
- Raj Kumar, Jordon Burke, and Bal Ram Singh (2014). Active Conformational States of Botulinum Endopeptidase as Determined by SAXS. Eight Annual Botulinum Research Symposium, August 13-15, 2014. .
Brook Spencer, Lindsey Foster, Sara Sabet, Raj Kumar, Kodumudi Venkat Venkateshwaran, Shuowei Cai, and Bal Ram Singh (2014). A Combination of Isoelectric and Ammonium Sulfate Precipitation Enhances Detection of BoNT/A in a Monoclonal Antibody based Sandwich ELISA. Eight Annual Botulinum Research Symposium, August 13-15, 2014. Ninth Annual Botulinum Research Symposium, August 12-14, 2015..
Raj Kumar, Olga Kononova, Shuowei Cai, Valeri Barsegov, and Bal Ram Singh (2014). Dynamic Solution Structure of BoNT/A Light Chain Critical for Binding to Potential Inhibitors. Inter Botulinum Research Coordination Committee Conference in Philadelphia, October 26-29, 2014..
Our Executive Team
Bal Ram Singh
Ms. Hollie Jones
Assistant Professor/Director of Academic Advisement and Research Program
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Mr. Paul Lindo
Director of Operations
Dr. Senthamil R. Selvan
Dr. Virendra Parmar
Dr. Kruti Patel