Institute Achievements :: Institute of Advanced Sciences ::
2015 Accomplishments :
- External Funding - $261,000
- Submitted 12 grant proposals to various agencies, such as NIH, DOD, and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Published 8 articles in peer reviewed international scientific journal, and 6 popular articles.
- Published 3 book chapters.
- Sixteen Poster and 8 podium presentations at several national and international symposia and conferences.
- Served on panel discussions and expert panels at Interagency Botulism Research Coordination Committee; Jawaharlal Nehru University, International Seminar on Philosophy, Assam University, India; International Vedanta Congress; International Conference on Literature and Society, Nagpur University, India.
- Presented over a dozen seminars, workshops, and training sessions at Jawaharlal Nehru University, Allahabad University, Assam University, Bridgewater State University, Kuruom School, Ramagya School, Global Learning Public Charter School.
- Served on Board of Directors of World Association for Vedic Studies, consultant to the Board of Trustees of the Uberoi Foundation, Board of Directors of Education Society for the Heritage of India, Board of Directors of International Accreditation Council for Dharma Schools and Colleges (IACDSC), Board Trustees of Maryada Foundation, Board of Directors of Antarrashtriya Avadhi Bhasa Samiti (ABHAS) Foundation, Board of Directors of Kuruom Foundation.
- Served as Editor-in-Chief/Editor/Associate Editor/Managing Editor for The Botulinum Journal, Biochemical and Biophysical Research Reports, International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, Ayurveda Journal of Health, and Vedic Blogs.
- Hosted TV program Varta for International Yoga Day, and appeared on Doordarshan International TV program in India – Aaj Savere.
- Completed four research projects related to inhibitor design, detection, vaccine, in vivo imaging and trafficking. Four in-house projects are in continuation.
- Completed summer internship program of INADS.
- Organized Uberoi Teacher Training Program, 2015.
- Organized IX Botulinum Research Symposium, 2015.
- Organized Vedanta Conference, 2015 in collaboration with JNU, India.
- Initiated a new peer reviewed publication portal - Vedic blogs (https://vedicwaves.wordpress.com).
- Dr. Bal Ram Singh Receives Distinguished Community Leadership Award 2015. (Read More)